Bachelor of Health Sciences | Masters in Occupational Therapy Practice | Advanced Diploma in Myotherapy | Certified Bhava Hatha Yoga/Meditation Teacher
Has full registration with the Australian Health Practioners Regulation Agency (AHPRAH), Occupational Therapy Australia (OTA) and the Australian Natural Therapies Association (ANTA).
Carly is a Registered NDIS Provider and can provide services to clients through TAC, Medicare and Private Health funds.
Carly began her journey over 20 years ago studying and working with soft tissue therapies including Remedial, Manual Lymphatic Drainage, Somatic Movement (Feldenkrais Method), Clinical Myotherapy, Dry Needling and pain management for soft tissue dysfunction.
Carly’s interest in the human condition and how we are connected through life’s generality of situations we face physically, mentally and emotionally, opened the door to further studies leading to her successful entry into Tertiary Education in 2012 at Latrobe University where she now holds an Undergraduate in “Health Sciences” and a “Masters in Occupational Therapy Practice”.
During her studies at Latrobe, Carly embarked on her own personal journey, studying Hatha Yoga and Meditation through the Bhava Centre in Warrandyte and incorporates yogic philosophies into her clinical work.
Special Interests lie within the areas of
- Sensory Processing and Polyvagal Theory
- Environmental impact on health and wellbeing including the effects of sensory stimuli
- ASD, ADHD/ADD,
- Social /emotional skills development
- Fibromyalgia and Chronic fatigue
- Mental Health and the rise of anxiety in our youth emerging into adulthood
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Independent Living Skills Development in children, adolescents and young adults
Carly has done extensive research into social/emotional skills development and early detection/ prevention of mental health issues in children, adolescents and emerging adults, whilst participating monthly in peer supervision with colleague’s in the field of Psychotherapy to strengthen her clinical approach in Mental Health Occupational Therapy Interventions.
Carly is currently working towards obtaining her Mental Health Occupational Therapy (MHOT) Accreditation through Occupational Therapy Australia which will broaden her scope of practice within the near future.
Carly continues to engage in ongoing professional development to remain current and up to date within the Occupational Therapy field of Allied Healthcare provision.
EXPERIENCE WHERE I HAVE WORKED
- Carly is the Director and Principle Therapist at Living Without Boundaries Occupational Therapy in Eltham providing Occupational Therapy services to children, teens and young adults with Neurodevelopmental and Mental Health Challenges.
- When away from her own clinic, Carly provides OT services for children and families at TreeHaus Allied Health (Mental Health Clinic) in Williamstown one day per week together with a team of Paediatricians, Psychologists, Psychotherapists, Family Counsellors, Speech Therapists and Mental Health Social Workers.
- Carly has been a member of TreeHaus’s Autism Assessment Team providing Sensory Profiling and Functional assessments for the past two years.
- Up until recently, Carly has worked closely with the Salvation Army’s REPAIR Program, a DHHS-funded family violence demonstration project that provided young people with access to a creative, therapeutic programs tailored specifically to their needs. Carly provided Occupational Therapy services encompassing evaluation and planning processes under a trauma informed care framework, aiming to identify barriers to occupational performance, linking individuals to therapeutic interventions tailored to their recovery needs.
- In previous years prior to her further studies at Latrobe, Carly was an educator within a private recognised training organisation primarily teaching Anatomy and Physiology, Soft tissue therapies and Manual Lymphatic Drainage whilst independently working as a soft tissue therapist.