Master of Arts (Applied Psychology)
Bachelor of Psychology with Honours
Bachelor of Science (Psychology)
Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical, Honours)
Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs
I am a registered psychologist with more than 10 years of experience working with youth, adults, and older adults with different concerns, such as:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder, including Complex Trauma and dissociative identity disorder (DID)
- Adult survivor of sexual abuse
- Domestic violence (Survivor / Perpetrator)
- Chronic Pain
- Substance use
- School bullying
- Workplace bullying
- Personality disorders including Borderline Personality Disorder
- Eating disorders
Early in my career, I worked in community mental health settings, where I treated adults experiencing a broad range of mental health issues including anxiety, depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and personality disorders.
I later worked in a public hospital with clients who had acquired brain injury, trauma, chronic pain, grief and loss issues, and behavioural management problems.
After relocating to Australia, I worked in the community mental health setting and subsequently in the alcohol and other drugs (AOD) setting, where I worked with clients experiencing addiction substance dependence in addition to a range of complex mental health issues.
In my work with clients, I use a person-centered approach and work collaboratively with clients to achieve their goals. I utilise a range of evidence-based treatments including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Solution-focused Brief Therapy (SFBT), Schema Therapy, and Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR).
In my free time, I enjoy listening to music and reading. I also enjoy hunting for good food with my wife and three children.
- Master of Arts (Applied Psychology)
- Bachelor of Psychology with Honours
- Bachelor of Science (Psychology)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical, Honours)
- Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), including CBT-E for eating disorders
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Schema Therapy
- Mindfulness-based therapies
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Registered Psychologist with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society (MAPS)
- Member of EMDR Association of Australia (EMDRAA)
Victor is able to offer therapy in either: